Stay informed about local events: Follow and converse with us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/careforanimals
- 11 May 2013: Bring and share a vegan dish for a 6 p.m. evening meal at the home of Bobbie and Anthony in Paoli, PA. More information: mbsgrow[at]gmail.com
- Also of interest, just before the potluck: Delaware VegFest - 11 May 2013 1-4pm; and on Sunday May 26, the American Vegan Society Garden Party at the AVS Headquarters in Malaga, N.J.
- 21 May (Tuesday): CARE meeting 6pm and SuTao, 81 Lancaster Ave., Malvern. All members and all interested parties are welcomed to join us and participate.
- 29 June 2013: Bring and share a vegan dish for Lee Ruslander's annual pool party in Parkesburg, PA. More information: ruslander[at]aol.com
Join us at the annual Vegetarian Summerfest...
DATES ANNOUNCED AND RESERVATION DESK OPEN! 3-7 July 2013: North American Vegetarian Society Summerfest in Johnstown, Pennsylvania. CARE members always enjoy this event and we hope quite a few will come this year! Lee Hall, who is VP of CARE, will be hosting several interactive slideshow presentations developed just for this event! More information about Summerfest now available here.
And then on Saturday the 10th of August for our own Chester County's annual vegan bash!
10 August 2013: CARE Veggie Fest! Our big event of the year. Special guest presentation by ANNE DINSHAH, author of DATING VEGANS and APPLES, BEAN DIP, & CARROT CAKE Kids! Teach Yourself to Cook is sure to please participants of all ages. Watch this spot... more be announced.
- Dinners hosted by American Vegan Society at Carême's, Mays Landing, NJ: to accommodate more people wishing to attend, each of the upcoming dinners will be offered on two successive nights; specify your reservations for either Monday or Tuesday.To reserve, call the American Vegan Society at 856-694-2887.
Fall Celebration Dinner: Monday 23 September and Tuesday 24 September 2013. Holiday Celebration Dinner: Monday 16 December and Tuesday 17 December 2013.
- 1 November 2013: World Vegan Day. November is World VEGAN Month--celebrating what it means to be vegan. Veganism enables people to live in balance with all of Earth's creatures and promotes freedom from exploitation for animals.
ALL vegan dishes are appropriate for our bring-and-share events, which we'll add from time to time to our event listings. If you are new to vegan cuisine, you can find recipe ideas here.
CARE works to learn about deer, share our knowledge, and defend their perspective--and they do have one. To join Philadelphia Advocates for the Deer (PAD), write to Mary Ann Baron, at MaryAnnBaron3 [at] gmail.com Save the deer of Fairmount Park!
Below: Thanks to our members for supporting Greater Philadelphia's only annual vegan festival, the CARE VeggieFest 2012! Conversations that take place at VeggieFest can be life-changing. The music of Dottie and John received a heap of well-deserved compliments throughout the day.
All events posted on this site are vegan. We encourage the use of public transport and carpooling to events. SEPTA: 215-580-7800 or www.septa.com. Amtrak: 1-800-USA-RAIL.